Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chance

Is this any way to live,
holding on to yesterdays?
This love is so unsafe and I could care less
because with you on my mind
I feel at peace,
everything is right.
I know at the moment I'm your second choice
it's hard knowing that I could have been
the one.
A little bit of forever dangles from my lips with each breath I take.
Inching closer to you,
when neither of us know the right words to say,
If I speak too quickly I could lose my chance,
and at times, your feelings die fast.
Like a flame that wickers in the wind on a candle that illuminates the features on your face that I first fell victim to
On the night we met,
you impressed me with your stature
and your beauty was overwhelming
so we took a walk.
And I grabbed your hand.
Instantly I felt you pry your way into my heart
and envelope my entire being,
had I not been so nervous
I would've said the words I hid on my tongue,
pressed against my teeth.
With feelings so strong
let's fall once again.


~bk.35~






Currently listening to:
My Hand in Yours by Matt White Band

No comments:

Post a Comment