Sunday, August 9, 2009

Copy and Paste

I'm stuck in the place between YOU and I
but I don't know if it's LOVE.
I'm stuck in the moment between
goodnight and each breath I take
waiting for you to kiss me.
The place where it feels like time stops
with each blink,
a shooting star shoots past us,
we don't notice.
I count your eyelashes
'cause our eyes are intertwined
Our fingers are too, dancing beneath us
but neither dare look down.
It's that burning in the back of my knees,
that pounding in my chest,
the throbbing in my stomach;
the words that I can't say because they wouldn't be enough.
If only I could copy this moment
and paste it to your forehead.
when you look in the mirror
your first thought is this;
this happiness, this bliss.
I wish I could kiss you with my thoughts
'cause sometimes my lips are tired
but my ideas are endless.
Like every fantasy I've ever had about love
comes true when I see you.
And when I close my eyes I want to take you with me,
on a journey through my imagination,
so you could know what it feels like
to be surrounded by your atmosphere.
And you could feel my heart beat faster.
I don't know if I'm still making sense,
but the beauty of love is that it's so unclear,
and it gets messy but that's why I'm here,
to clean things up when everything falls apart.
I don't know if it was love at first sight
'cause I'm not even sure if I know what that means
I just know that the sound of your voice
brings me back to the moment when I first laid eyes on you.
And all I wanted to do was be near you,
in your presence,
and listen to you speak,
with every inch of beauty inside you
pouring out when you said my name.
Intoxicated by your breath,
I find myself submerged in the absence of time.
I want to breathe you in,
If your love is a lesson,
you have my full attention.

So here we are.
stuck in the same place as before,
the place where I'm waiting for you to kiss me,
these words I can't accumulate
'cause when I'm with you,
I'm speechless.
I close my eyes
and you pull me closer to you,
fill the voids in my soul,
you enlighten me spiritually with your lips
and your touch numbs me.

With you, I am free.

~bk.35~





Currently listening to:
Simple as It Should Be by Tristan Prettyman

1 comment: