Saturday, July 25, 2009

nine letter word

My insecurities suffocate the words I yearn to release,
the words that give meaning to the pain that I've buried within.

I want you to see me but I can barely see myself,
these walls seal me shut,

I scream LET ME OUT!
but there is no echo.

Only empty wavelengths of sound.

I imagine a world where my mind is free to explore,
to understand what these eyes have seen.

To understand who defines me,
who shatters me,
who leaves me here to suffer unwillingly.

A breath of hollow nothingness,
shadows creep amongst the ghosts that haunt me.

Aching for a combination of letters to help me understand
why I consume myself in the negativity.

Time cannot heal these wounds.

My existence is no longer marked by two hands on a clock,
but by the two hands you used
to tear me apart.

~bk.35~





Currently listening to:
One Sweet Love by Sara Bareilles

2 comments:

  1. You're doing a great job BK - keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - I don't know why my name doesn't come up - I never use my google account. "Random Chick" should say "Stacy Feliz"!! I will fix it - keep up the good work! =)

    ReplyDelete